Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reviewing William Young's The Shack

Ok, so I must admit that until I was talking with my church small group, I had never heard of William Young’s The Shack.

After someone brought it up, everyone in the group started going on about it.. Needless to say, I felt left out because I didn’t even know this book existed.

When I finally got this book, I was floored by its message.. The Shack was by far one of the most compelling stories I have ever read in my life.

The story goes like this:.
Mack Phillips decides that his family needs a vacation.. While on vacation, his daughter is kidnapped.. Mack would later learn that his daughter may have been murdered deep in the woods of Oregon..

Family issues being to pile up on the heartbroken father..

Mack receives a mysterious note from God that invites him back to the site of Missy's murder.. At first, Mack isn’t convinced that he should go, yet eventually changes his mind and decides to go.

While at this shack, Mack will discover things that will forver change his life..

If you’re anything like Mack and have ever asked why me during a stressful time in your life, then the answers in this book will give you something to reflect upon.

After finally reading The Shack, I can see why it is so popular.

The Shack is a great combo of drama and spirituality..

If you are looking for a great book to read that may also impact your life, The Shack is the book for you.

The Shack by William Young is a fantastic novel that I couldn’t put down. While this book has its critics, it is truly a stirring piece of spiritual fiction.. It will keep you entertained and informed all the way through.!

0 comments: