Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ploning did not Make it to the Oscars




I'm watching the news tonight and one of the news items that struck me was that Ploning did not make it to the Oscars.

Ploning is the Official Philippine Entry to the Best Foreign Language Film Category of the 81st Academy Awards. This will be the first ever Philippine Movie that will grab the title if the movie was pushed to make it.

I haven't watched this film yet, thanks to the hectic schedule that I had months ago. But I promised myself that I will buy a DVD copy of this movie so I can understand why this movie deserves to win.

I remembered that the entire cast and crew helped one another in lobbying for additional funds. They held auctions, parties and other promotional activities to gather more funds. The government also gave some amount to support the film.

Not only that, even some online bloggers extended their appreciation and support for this project. One blogger even got the domain name after the movie Ploning. It's just so sad that they didn't make it.

PLONING

0 comments: