Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not Really In the Mood for Movies

I had the chance to watch Dayo the other day, especially since I expressed my intention to see it but somehow watching movies at this time of the year lost steam.

Perhaps it's the current economic crisis that every peso nowadays is very valuable. It's so hard to part from your hard-earned money, right? At times like this when the habit of saving becomes ever more important.

Or perhaps it's because I've heard some people talking about the film and that they didn't like it. Normally I would disregard the opinion of others because I believe the beauty of a film is at most times, relative to the one viewing it. But when my budget is tight, I would easily stay away from things that have great chances of disappointing me. More especially movies.

This is why lately I've been relying on the reviews of popular film critics before I go out and spend my dough on a film. I trust critics because they have their high standards on what is entertaining and worth the viewer's time.

But with all honesty, if I could just afford it and if I am not right now saving for something, I would love to watch all those films. But sadly I can't.

0 comments: