Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Blogging Contests

Have you tried joining blogging contests?

I did before. It was fun, but I did not win. :) I'll have to see myself winning in a blog contest so I can feel what the winners felt then. :)

Seriously, if I have more time, I will join another blog contest again. Prizes have evolved from ad space and EC credits to Paypal money, free domains, books, cds, and more. Isn't that exciting enough?

To add to that, what I wanted more about blog contests are the benefits that you will get when you both became a sponsor and a participant. You get the share of some link juice from the rest of the bloggers and at the same time you get to visit and discover blogs with same interest. Now that really spells fun. :)

Now I am thinking of having my own blog dedicated to join blog contests. How about you? Would you do the same thing? Or will you incorporate blog contest posts in your blog instead?

2 comments:

Intelligence Is A Curse said...

I've joined in a few contests haven't won any yet. I think it's only fair to incorporate blog contests into your main blog. The main reason people do blog contests is to promote their own blog to attract more readers. Since it's free, I don't think you should sign up with any other blog besides your main one.

Nichole said...

I haven't participated in any blog contests in quite awhile, but when I did...I always just incorporated them into my blog. Good blogging contests generally have requirements that allow you to write enough genuine content that it doesn't really take away from your blog and ends up being something your readers won't mind reading.