Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Slumdog's Child Actor is Homeless

Slumdog's child actor is struggling in the movie and in real life?

I just read this news article over Yahoo this morning and it really kept me puzzled for minutes. According to the article, Azharuddin Ismail, the child actor was sleeping when the demolition happened.

"When they came I was sleeping, they shook me awake and one policeman even threatened me," Ismail, surrounded by half-broken suitcases filled with clothes and utensils, told Reuters.

"What can I do if they have demolished my house? I will sleep out in the open."


I pity the child for experiencing such trauma. I mean, he worked for something so big, he helped India be recognized for the movie that was worth his time and talent, and now this is all happening to him?

What happened to the money he earned from it? Who is responsible for keeping his earnings?

In February, the housing authority of Maharashtra state, of which Mumbai is the capital, said they would give Ismail and fellow child star Rubina Ali new houses. But Ismail's mother, Shameem, said the family is now at the mercy of the rains.

"We also heard that the government had promised us houses, but what happened? We are still homeless," she said. "My son has brought glory to the country, shouldn't he get some credit?"

I hope that Azharuddin Ismail will get some help from the government if there was really a promise of extending assistance to him and his family. Otherwise, this was just part of a large scale publicity and lip service to Azharuddin Ismail's family.

0 comments: