Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Random Surprises is Up!

After weeks of consulting my fiance about our blogging stints, he finally approved of me getting a .com for this blog. I am sooo happy! :)

And why not? I had this blog since March of 2008. Well, at first I am not sure yet of what to do with this blog. You know when a lot of bloggers are writing about their random musings? That's what happened to me.

I am not saying that its bad. What I want to drive at is that bloggers are entitled to their own blogging destiny. As for me, I want to revamp this blog and finally give it more attention now and getting a dot.com is my first wave of changes that I have to do here.

So today I registered this blog and gave it a new name. From lifeswinksblinksandtears.blogspot.com, I now call it random-surprises.com. Yey! :)

Why Random -Surprises?

Well, aside from a simple yet catchy domain name, I prefer a shorter URL because visitors can easily remember it, which will make my blog 'friendlier' to upcoming visitors. Before, I am not too keen about getting visitors for this blog, because it is a personal one, but now I realized that getting more visitors won't hurt right? That is why I am finally giving blog promotion for random-surprises a go. :)

While doing all these I will also have to work on some changes in this blog. I already changed my template, which is a lot cuter than the previous one. :) Next is to do a category overhaul since I noticed how different it is to use the label versus category functions for wordpress and blogger. Then I also have to write some more of my random surprises in different leaner categories and do promote my blog. :)

Let's see how this works for me as I also take care of my other blogs. I will keep you posted on my blog overhaul progress, but for now, let me know what you think about my ideas.

Or simply answer these questions:

When was the last time that you did major changes in your blog and why? Can you tell us something more about it? What were the lessons you've learned out of the experience?

2 comments:

Genefaith said...

Hi..it's my 3rd visit here..as I said. I won 5th place of pinayjade's contest (here:http://www.pinayjade.com/uncategorized/and-the-filipina-birthday-contest-winners-are/)...I supposed to have 7000EC from all your blogs as one of the sponsors...Could I have it? Thank you very much....

Nhil said...

Hi Genejosh,

I just sent you the 7k worth of EC credits today.

Enjoy the prize! Have a great day! :)